Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 3 - Uppsala Ont to Indian Head SK

Long day... about 1150 kms. Nice ride, windy at times. The TransCanada Hwy is a mix of old and new and construction. I crossed over 2 time zones today which extended my daylight and riding time. But I waited just a bit too long to get off the road. I pulled into a KOA and it looked like rain, plus the nearby restaurant closed in 1 hour. Well, checking in took too long – slow lady and by the time I got to the campsite it started to blow, then hard rain before I could get the tent up. I gave up and hid soaked in the washroom for it to blow over. When I returned to my party assembled but flat tent... it was wet inside and all around. I was wet, the tent was wet, and some contents got wet. I finally got it up and there was a break in rain and went to dinner. The dryers in the laundry took care of the wet stuff. If it rains all night like that.. it will be a long night.
Earlier, I stopped in Kenora, met a guy at lunch who gave me a lead on a possible job. I will check it out after he sends me the info by email – hope he does. Kenora was a place I stayed for a week in 2004 – still looks about the same,,, and it came back to me as I rode around,
Winnipeg is a PITA to ride near. It blocks the Trash Canada Hwy and has a bypass that takes the long way around. Bad plan IMO.
The TCH road has been very straight and not overly interesting to ride... but I expected that.
Tired, time to sleep, the railway tracks run next to the hwy..... second night of train horns. Blah.



Husky the Musky in Kenora,Ont

Husky the Musky in Kenora,Ont

Drying out after the rain - Indian Head,Sask

No comments:

Post a Comment