Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 9 – in Whitehorse


Whitehorse campsite - High Country RV Park

Poor night sleeping, awake at 4 AM, up at 5AM. Quiet world in the park, except the sounds of RV heaters cycling on and off... pissing me off. Temp was cold... maybe 5C and I boiled lots of water for coffee, oatmeal and hot chocolate. I went to Yukon Honda at 9:15, and John in parts met me and I left the bike with him to change my tires and oil. The entire labour was $80 for tire installation and the oil change (no filter). The oil change was no charge because he was doing the tires at the same time.
I did some shopping, rode around town some, and went back to camp. I worked on my iPod to fix it, but it doesn’t seem to want to take a charge. Downloaded iTunes and organized music into iTunes... spent a good while at it all. Nothing worked. (The PC at home has my iTunes) I may have to buy another IPod.
Went to a local festival called Sunstroke. It was French day... everything was in French it seemed. I was surprised at the amount of fluent French spoken here by the performers and audience. It was too early for the interesting shows so Tyler and I left for dinner, then back to camp where I snoozed for a while before going into town was the plan. Tyler Skyped his girlfriend and when he came back declared he was too tired to go into town. I was asleep, and it was a bright 10:30 so the day ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment